- LibrettOS: A Dynamically Adaptable Multiserver-Library OS. Ruslan Nikolaev, Mincheol Sung, and Binoy Ravindran. In Proceedings of the 16th ACM SIGPLAN/SIGOPS International Conference on Virtual Execution Environments (VEE'20). Lausanne, Switzerland. [Paper, Slides, Video, Source Code, and Website]
- Universal Wait-Free Memory Reclamation. Ruslan Nikolaev and Binoy Ravindran. In Proceedings of the 25th ACM SIGPLAN Annual Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming (PPoPP'20). San Diego, CA, USA. (ACM Artifacts Evaluated - Functional , ACM Artifacts Available , ACM Artifacts Results Replicated .) [Paper, Slides, and Source Code]
- A Scalable, Portable, and Memory-Efficient Lock-Free FIFO Queue. Ruslan Nikolaev. In Proceedings of the 33rd International Symposium on Distributed Computing (DISC'19). Budapest, Hungary. [Paper, Slides, and Source Code]
- Brief Announcement: Hyaline: Fast and Transparent Lock-Free Memory Reclamation. Ruslan Nikolaev and Binoy Ravindran. In Proceedings of the 38th ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC'19). Toronto, ON, Canada. [Paper, Full (arXiv) Paper, Slides, and Source Code]
- VirtuOS: An Operating System with Kernel Virtualization. Ruslan Nikolaev and Godmar Back. In Proceedings of the 24th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP'13), pp.116-132. Farmington, PA, USA. [Paper, Slides, Video, Poster, Source Code, and Original Website]
- Perfctr-Xen: a framework for performance counter virtualization. Ruslan Nikolaev and Godmar Back. In Proceedings of the 7th ACM SIGPLAN/SIGOPS international conference on Virtual Execution Environments (VEE'11), pp.15-26. Newport Beach, CA, USA. [Paper, Slides, Poster, Source Code, and Original Website]
- Wait-free memory reclamation and data structures. Ruslan Nikolaev. Hydra 2020: Concurrent and distibuted computing conference (July 6-9, 2020, Online.) [Link, Slides]
- Reviewer (Journals): IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS) in 2020.
- Subreviewer: DISC 2018, DISC 2019, and SYSTOR 2020.
- Native UEFI shim, a fork of Red Hat's UEFI shim. The fork is completely standalone and does not use gnu-efi with ELF wrappers. Instead, it uses native UEFI compilation with the PE/COFF output format. Due to much better linking, it also drastically reduces executable image sizes.
Open Source Activity
Over the years, I contributed code to various open-source projects. Some examples where the code ended up in the mainline are: LLVM/clang compiler, Info-ZIP (ubiquitous zip/unzip archiver), RHash (tool with numerous hash-sum functions), GNU GRUB 2 bootloader, and Syllable OS.
Past Work Experience
Pure Storage, Senior Software Engineer, 2014-2017
Microsoft, Software Engineer, 2014
VMware, Software Engineer (Intern), Summer 2012
Microsoft, Software Engineer (Intern), Summer 2011
ABBYY, Software Engineer, 2007
Disclaimer: Any information presented on this web page in part or in whole cannot be redistributed without a written permission of the author. Any paper, source code or other outside material are distributed under their corresponding copyright and licensing terms. Any views, opinions and positions of the author do not necessarily represent views, opinions and positions of any past or present employers, an affiliated person or companies.